Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spotlight On Concerts: Ingrid Michaelson


Indie music lovers, this ones for you! Ingrid Michaelson is doing a concert at Southside Music Hall on May 2nd here in the DFW area. I'm crazy about Ingrid Michaelson, and I've loved her amazing indie pop/folk music since a friend introduced me to her music back in the day. She's become big with the artsy-indie crowd, but her music has a wide range of fans. If you're not familiar with her, you should definitely jump on board and join the fan club, because you'll want to add her music to your collection. Her lyrics are versatile and beautifully written, covering a gamete of situations that are relevant to all listeners.

Her songs will probably sound familiar to you, because she's been featured as the perfect soundtrack for shows like Grey's Anatomy, One Tree Hill, and many of other shows on numerous occasions. Her sound is whimsical, endearing, and filled with a delightful beauty that honors the simple things in life. One of the things I love love love about her music are the phenomenal lyrics that are woven through each song. Insightful and thought provoking, her music does more than merely entertains: it tells us a message.

For more information, check out South Side Music Hall, and make sure you purchase tix! For all of you not in DFW, you can check out Ingrid's tour dates here.

"Soldier"
"I don't believe in anything but myself

But then you opened up a door, you opened up a door
Now I start to believe in something else,

But how do I know if I'll make it through?How do I know? Where's the proof in you?

And so it goes, this soldier knows the battle with the heart isn't easily won

And so it goes, this soldier knows

"Maybe"
I don't wanna sit on the pavement while you fly
But I will, I will, oh yes I will
'Cause maybe in the future, you're gonna come back
You're gonna come back around
Maybe in the future you're gonna come back
You're gonna come back
Oh, the only way to really know is to really let it go...

"Breakable"
Have you ever thought about what protects our hearts? 
Just a cage of rib bones and other various parts, 
And  we are so fragile, and our cracking bones make noise. 
And we are just breakable, breakable, breakable girls and boys.

"Keep Breathing"




The battle with the heart isn't easily won...but it can be won."