Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Concert Review: M83 at the Palladium Ballroom



Some people are wine critics or food connoisseur. While I enjoy my glass of red wine and delicious new entree at the hottest, happening restaurants in Dallas, I simply prefer to indulge in music. The DFW area is always hopping with concerts, and so my man and I try to frequent as many as we can. We recently went to the M83 concert at the Palladium Ballroom, and it was AMAZING!!!!!! We were neck deep in hipsters and emo kids, and I loved every second of it! 

M83 is a phenomenal new wave revival band, with a fresh and surprisingly soulful electronically driven sound. While the band's lates album sports plenty of gorgeous, introspective ballads, they also have a mix of interstellar jams. They're even better live, which can be a rare thing for a music group that relies heavily on synthetic sounds. In addition to rocking the stage, there was an accompanying light show that basically rocked everyone's senses. "Midnight City" is the band's biggest hit, and it was oh so wonderful to hear live! The live saxophone mixed with the driving beats was a blend that ended up being perfection. Two of my all time favorite songs of the evening were "We Own The Sky" and "Wait." If you haven't heard it before, I highly recommend it! Check it M83's album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming here:

XOXO

Camie


1 comment:

  1. Good Blog! Congratulations!

    I am a Brazilian author. My next book is a biography about a particular North American singer, but on my blog I plan to write about all the musicians I’ve been interviewing for this project. Please, check it out: ursulaabdala.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete