Saturday, June 30, 2012

Welcome to the Jungle! Spotlight on Hairbands


Cuz mama likes to rock you like a hurricane, I thought I'd throw some 80's hairband music your way. Here in Dallas, we have a steady tour of 80's greats, and nothing makes me happier than rocking out to what I consider some of the best rock ever! I don't care if it's a cover band or the real deal, I <3 the 80's. Whenever I have students who are interested in branching out to the rock genre, I encourage them to immerse themselves in some 80's rock. Some of the most impressive guitar riffs, drum solos, and extreme attitude come from Hairband rock. I love the hardcore cheesiness of Hair Band rock and can't get enough. You'd better believe I karaoke it out to Don't Stop Believing like no other!



Maybe you <3 the 80's too because:
~You remember playing with shrinky dinks (super safe toy---color on plastic sheets and throw it in the oven to watch them shrink into awesome hard shapes. Genuis idea for kids) and cabbage patch dolls.
~You really did dance on the hood of Whitesnake's car.
~You recognize that Beiberfever can never compare to love being like bad medicine.



If so, here are some tunes to get you through your Monday! Get excited. No really, drink some coffee and get excited!

XOXO
Camie


No comments:

Post a Comment