Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back to Basics: Bring on Some Bach



Classical music isn't always people's first pick but it should be...ok, at least one of the top 10 picks! Classical music is saturated with theory, technique, and the finest form of music. I'm all for variety, and I believe true musicians have very eclectic taste because they appreciate the form and function of genres that are done well. I also think it's truly important to get some classical music into your system. Why? It will refine and enhance your taste as a musician or music lover, and tune you in to theory and technique at it's best.

I was driving to some lessons yesterday and it was a gloriously rainy, just right stormy day. I favor rainy weather, contrary to popular "sunny days chasing the clouds away" notions. My friends swear this is proof I'm vampiric in addition to my overtly white skin, but I say I just like moody weather. As I was savoring the sound and rhythm of the rain, J.S. Bach's cello suite came on my playlist, and I was in heaven. In my version of heaven, there's much rain and exquisite cello music. It reminded me all over again why I adore music from waaaaaay back in the day. Get in the habit of listening to a bit of classical every now and then...you won't regret it! And, for such a cause as this, here are some great classical tunes:

XOXO
Camie


No comments:

Post a Comment